Twitter is a powerful platform – and not only for personal use, but also for business. But when using twitter a lot it can get a little overwhelming and time-consuming. There are some tools that will make your Twitter life easier so we got together this small guide to Twitter tools to dominate the market.
- If you are looking for a tool where you can see your Twitter profile in a different and common way, also the ‘mentions’ that you have, the activity your followers have in real time and track the trend topics (and all in the same page!) you can’t miss Hootsuite. If you try Hootsuite, you will be able to schedule your tweets. Did you think that famous people, who tweet also during the night, do not sleep?? If you want to see all the information in the same screen, you will be able to choose how many columns you want and the content for each column and organize them in a simple page, like you can see here.
- If you want to schedule your tweets, Hootsuite is not the only tool where you can do it. You also have Buffer! It is a good tool if you want to “hear” conversation about your products and you can keep history for more than 30 days.
- If you have opened your Twitter recently, but you want to search for old content you can use Topsy. Topsy is a tool where you can find tweets since 2006. You can use filters to search for a specific topic on a specific period of time. It is a great tool for research!
- If you want to search for good conversations on Twitter you will need to use NeedTagger. This tool allows you to search for conversations which you are interested in and it is a great if you are a marketer looking for conversations regarding your products. Remember that in Social media listening to what’s going on is as important as talking about something!
- If you want to know everything about keywords you can’t ignore Mention.net. This tool avoids missing things! If you want to see how a post that you have written is doing on twitter, you can track a keyword and see what people think about your post or promote it or monitor your competitors.
- If you are looking for build your network you will want to use Commun.it, because it categorizes people between Influencers, Supporters or Engaged Members. You will be an Influencer for Commun.it if you have a high number of followers, supporter if you retweet or share content or engaged member if you engage on conversations regularly.
- If you want to analyze your hashtags, you will need Cybranding, which will perform metrics based on your hashtags as you can see below:You can use metrics based on timeline in order to see how many people have seen this hashtag during a time period or the volume using this, based on influencers to see how often the top 50 influencers tweeted or by related hashtags.
- If you want to see what your results are, you should use Twitonomy. With Twitonomy you will be able to see an overview by entering your address and your competitors address.
- If you want to play with queues, you should use SocialOoomph, where you can create a queue reservoir with a collection of tweets and specify when you want to send the next tweet in the queue. This tool is used, in general, to post a tweet that has not been seen by the total audience and is still valid to show. As tweets and retweets are good for generating traffic, this is an important tool to have in consideration if you want to increase your audience.
- If you want to know when the best time to send your tweets is, you should keep SocialBro in mind, because this tool will help to know when your followers are online. You will see a report with percentages of your online followers checking your tweet.These percentages are not 100% accurate because some people may be scheduling their tweets, but it is useful to give an overall view.
- If you want to share shorten links to multiple users you will use Bit.ly, where you can see the stats along with your dashboard (it does not matter if you are using Tweetdeck, Twitterfeed or Sesmic, because they can be linked to your Bit.ly).
- If you want to use twitter in your desk and see it in a different way, the feature that you will need to use is Tweetdeck. You can organize the interface and if you use multiple computers you can use this browser-based application and make your twitter cool!
If you haven’t used Twitter before, you have a group of tools that can help you to love this application. You can choose which of them are the best for you and which is more suitable for your business.