Did your social media business goals fall flat last year? Maybe you weren’t happy with what you achieved? Whatever your motivation may be, with the year 2015 well under way, don’t leave your social media behind. As photos, content and information race around the globe in record time, your business can start to look old in a short amount of time. Start a revolution for your social media this year. It`s easy, here’s what to do…
- Set goals. I know it’s easier said than done, but it’s an important step. What do you want to get out of your social media? Put realistic steps in place to meet a worthwhile goal, such as boosting engagement or following.
- Clean sweep. If you have a page or account that just isn’t working for you, ditch it. Trust me, by keeping the account active you are doing more harm than good. Nothing is worse than having a page that isn’t updated. Out with the old, as they say!
- If you still haven’t done so, create a site that works on mobile devices.People are on the go and most will look you up via their smart phone or tablet. Having a site that is mobile read will ensure a seamless transition from your social media to your website.
- Get with the times and update your content. If your last post still says 2014, get writing!
- Stick to a schedule.Even if you can’t keep your new year’s resolution, keep a schedule for posting content on your social media and stick to it. Whether that is to post once a day or once a week, stick to a schedule that works for you.
- Say cheese!Take some professional grade photographs to use for your social media. Real photos of you and your business will set you apart from anyone still using stock photos.
- Revamp your profile. Don’t just upload a new picture, but actually review what your social media profile says about you. Add information that’s missing and amend changes so people really know who they’re following.
- Grow your business(even if it’s just a little). If you haven’t already incorporated eCommerce into your business model, consider doing so in 2015. There are easy ways to do so and you can start by selling a few products at a time to see how it goes. A little can go a long way.
Will you join the social media revolution for your business in 2015? What have you done to update your social media this year?