You know, ads are like the face of the company. They’re technically that first few things that will actually draw a consumer’s attention towards your product, and whether we like it or not we need to put our brains to work and come up with something pleasing and catchy. It’s a mind-racking process of edits and revisions until you get it right. Believe it or not, it’s the same thing with websites. Your web design is literally the face of your company. If your consumers don’t like it then you’re in for a very bad time. But no worries, I’m here to help by giving you a basic guide on redesigning your website.
Strategy and Planning: Your keys to success
As we all know, the glorious combination of good strategic planning can yield us unparalleled results of success. Here’s the thing though, we can’t all be strategic geniuses that have the capability to analyze the flow of things and magically come up this awesome plan and design to ramp up the income.
But, we can improve ourselves and lessen the percentage of error. How?
Step One: Know what you need to do. You need to know which part of your site that needs a bit of tweaking and the part that’s just fine the way it was. Take note that not all consumers appreciate you deviating from the standard operating procedures that they have grown used to. So you might want to reconsider changing the positions of certain buttons.
Step Two: Establish your goals and objectives. This is a particularly essential step in your way to success. We all have that general goal to increase our sales and expand our reach but we need to be more specific. In the place of starting your opening questions with what, use how much instead.
How much of your sales will increase?
How much people do you intend to reach?
You need to give out numbers. An estimated range and time frame for you accomplish. Be specific and realistic with your goals.
Step Three: Analyze and plan. After everything, you need to go back to your numbers and analyze the situation at hand. This is where all the data and notes from Step One come in. You need to see if the wanted changes would be a good thing or something completely unnecessary. This is where everything comes together and where you can easily tailor your next move for the best result.
It’s all about connecting the dots.
Extra Tip: Use tools like Google Analytics, Alexa and Topsy to keep you from going insane with all the numbers, flow charts and percentages.
Consumers: The people who are always right
Every strategy should be tailored to your product and audience – with special emphasis on the latter. Whether we like it or not, our consumers have more say on our design and content than us. By getting to know who our consumers are, we are more likely able to provide things that are more catered to their liking.
Do not forget, the customer is always right.
Appearance and Functionality: Yes, it really does matter
In terms of appearance, I can tell you that there is no correct or wrong method for web design in terms of appearance. Why? Remember the consumers and how we are technically catering and modifying our site to suit their fancy and how everything would basically plummet if we don’t?
Yeah, that’s why.
But here are some basic tips to keep in mind:
- Have a clean simple finish. Minimalist designs are usually ideal for this kind of thing because we want to draw attention towards our product and content. We do not want anyone getting distracted or have pain while being on the site.
- Functionality thumps aesthetics, always. People won’t really care that much on layout unless it’s is that glaringly displeasing to the eyes. They will appreciate functionality and content more. They will more likely stay on a site that loads faster than a pretty one that puts sloths to shame.
- Make it sharable. Social media plays a large role in marketing. And in this day and age where everyone likes to broadcast and share their lives to the world, it would be pretty handy to have those share buttons on your page.
- Keep your content. Do not compromise your content. Do not cut corners. This is what keeps your consumers following. This is what keeps them loyal and interested. Lose this, and you’re done.
- Personalize. Keep it real. Keep it you. Make your brand stand out by giving it a unique quality that makes people more interested.
There you go, a basic pack for your web designing needs. Use it wisely.