Festive season is approaching quickly and in a few weeks people will start desperately shopping for present for the loved ones.
www.sociallystacked.com put together a handy holiday stats guide to help all marketers to figure out customers behaviour, expectations and trends.
Take a look at them below!
Shopping Behavior and Spending Stats
• 28% of consumers plan to spend more than 50% of their total holiday shopping budgets November 28 – December 1 (aka Black Friday weekend).
• Consumers will spend an average of $459.87 on gifts for their family, up 6.5% from $432.00 last year, and $80.00 on gifts for friends, up from $75.00 last year.
• A typical person celebrating Christmas, Kwanzaa or Hanukkah will spend $804.42, up nearly 5% over last year’s actual $767.27.• Those celebrating the holidays will spend more on gifts for their co-workers ($26.23 vs. $24.52 in 2013), and others such as their babysitter and even their pets ($30.43 vs. $26.65).
• 40.9% of shoppers will begin spending in November, up slightly from 38.8% last year; 15.5% will begin in the first two weeks of December.
• 42.3% of those polled say free shipping/shipping promotions are important factors.
• Consumers say that helpful, knowledgeable customer service (30.3%), convenient locations (47.9%), low prices (41.2%) and sales or price discounts (74.7%) also play a role in their decision to shop at a particular retailer.
Leran more about holiday spending trends on www.sociallystacked.com