Digitalmarketingphilippines came up with 12 valid reasons why marketers need to use visual content on social media. With ever-growing popularity of visually based social media like Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vine and others it’s crucial to get top-notch visual content to help you market your products and services online.
Tumblr is a micro-blogging site that allows users to post video, audio, images, and short pieces of content. It is increasingly becoming a social networking hub as well. It’s becoming the place for business’ to tell their story and connect with potential customers. It’s a one stop showcase, catalog and blog. Tumblr was targeted as a fad for a long time, but it can no longer be ignored. Tumblr will surely hold its place for content marketing. Most business can use a Tumblr account to tell their own story and market their own content, but it must be done right in order to be effective. Follow the tips below to make your Tumblr and content marketing work.
1) It’s all about photos… and animated GIFs and video and audio! And text too. Images are the most popular content on Tumblr. GIFs, video and text follow and audio is also expected to show up more on Tumblr pages soon.Use this to your advantage by sending your content to the right social media platform. If you have a choice between image and video marketing content, post the image to your Tumblr page and the video on your YouTube channel, for example. Don’t be afraid to recycle content to make it more suitable for Tumblr. Video clips can be created into effective GIFs. Post photos you wouldn’t normally post on your website to your Tumblr page. Tumblr users are looking for these kind of posts so use this information to attract followers.
2) Make an emotional connection. The best thing about trying to connect emotionally with your audience is that visuals do this best. So this is something that can be easily done via Tumblr. Create and share images that provoke an emotional response (think sunsets or a hand-holding couple walking down the beach). They say a picture is worth 1000 words. Use images that create this emotional response to market your business or product. People also love to share images and visual content which is another great way of getting your content out to the masses.
3) Drive traffic back to your website. Create links to all of your social media accouts and your main website. As I said, post visual content to Tumblr, but don’t neglect your other social media platforms. By linking it all together, you stay relevant as well as drive traffic to your other sites.
4) Showcase and share. Tumblr provides the perfect platform to highlight and showcase what is new. This can work for highlighting the newest trends or showcasing a new product line. Post tips, GIFs or videos on how to effectively use your product. Use great visuals to help make your content more marketable.
5) Follow suit. It can be hard to keep up with all the social networking sites appearing all the time and it can be a challenge to know which one’s are worth your time and effort. Tumblr has a perfect platform for marketing content. Fashion companies are very popular on Tumblr and are doing a great job of marketing their content. Take notes from companies that are doing it right because Tumblr seems to have quite a dedicated following. Use it right and you can really market your content well.
Which social media sites do you use to market your business? Do you already use Tumblr or are you thinking of giving it a try to better market your business? If you have any tips on how to improve Tumblr and Content Marketing share them below.
Tumblr is a micro-blogging site that allows users to post video, audio, images, and short pieces of content. It isn’t as popular as other social media sites, such as Facebook or Twitter, so it isn’t a site for every small business. However, with a growing number of users, it is a site to take some time to consider whether it fits your business or not. Can you use Tumblr to make money for your business?
1 – You’ll need an audience
You can’t sell anything to anyone without having an audience to engage with. As with any new social media account, it may take a few months to create a following. This doesn’t mean just anyone passing by your Tumbler account, but quality followers who will read your content and buy what your selling.
2 – Stick to your brand
People will follow credible sites, so don’t settle for one of Tumblr’s standard themes. Create a banner and use images that represent your brand so your account is recognizable. This may take time and additional spending to upgrade your account.
3 – A picture’s worth a thousand words
Tumblr is image oriented and its users are too. Use this to your advantage. It can be a creative outlet for your business to showcase video and images that are relevant to your customers. It will also appeal to a visual audience that is drawn in by pictures and images, rather than reading posts.
4 – An online showcase
Use your Tumblr account to showcase new merchandise that is coming in or what’s trending now. Post about your products to sell to a new following.
5 – Tag it
Tumblr has a simple tagging system that you can utilize at the bottom of each of your posts. This will increase the chances of your content being found by relevant users. It should also give your following a boost. Don’t overdo it though so it doesn’t appear as spam. Approximately 10 tags should be your maximum to reach a large audience but still remain professional.
6 – Show them something they’ve never seen before
Use your Tumblr account to build brand loyalty by showing the more personal or casual side of your business. Let them have sneak peaks, behind the scenes and candid shots with personal captions. It will create a stronger connection between you and your customers.
7 – Link it all together
Create links to your other social media sites in the banner of your Tumblr page. If you’re a retailer or online merchant, link images directly to your site where people can buy your product instantly. This will also drive traffic to your sight and improve your SEO.
Tumblr is definitely not as popular as other social media sites, but it does have a following which means it may be worthwhile to start an account. Most Tumblr users are in their teens to mid-twenty’s, so if this is your target audience you should take note. Otherwise, it never hurts to have another platform to reach even more potential customers IF you have the time to invest. As with all social media outlets, your account must be updated with content at regular intervals to remain relevant.
Several big businesses are using Tumblr to promote their products and brand. For smaller businesses, it may be more trouble than it’s worth. In the end, Tumblr may not make you money, but it shouldn’t be ignored. What do you think?