Nowadays everybody is an online-guru which makes it a bit harder to find informational sources to trust online. www.entrepreneur.com came up with a handy list of 50 Favorite Online-Marketing Influencers of 2014.
When it comes to determining the “top 50” of anything, there are any number of variables that can come into play. Some of the ones I considered for this list included:
- Usefulness and reliability of blog and social-media posts
- Advanced knowledge in one or more areas of online marketing
- Size of audience
- Level of engagement on their blog or social media
- Ability to create and sustain a sense of community with their audience
- Awards received
- Books written
he following are my 50 favorite online-marketing influencers of 2014:
2. Matt Cutts doesn’t normally make it onto these lists, but there’s no doubt he’s near the top in terms of online influence. He’s the star of Google’s Webmaster videos and current head of Google’s Webspam team.
8. Seth Godin wrote many bestselling marketing books, including Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers. He also founded squidoo.com and was an inductee into the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame.
10. Sean Gardner, ranked as number one on Forbes’ Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers in 2013, is a social-media consultant and regular contributor to Huffington Post and Social Media Week.
Read full article and get the full list of 50 in the original article here